Interested in writing a Knowledge Summary?
Knowledge Summaries are like critically appriased topics; they answer a specific and focused clincal question by looking at the best available evidence.
The first step is to define your question. Either pick one of our clinical queries from the below categories, or write your own, then contact us stating your question.
You'll then be guided through the next steps.
Browse all published Knowledge Summaries here.
Do you have a query but don't have time to answer it yourself?
Submit your query here and it will be added to the below list.
- Answered: In rabbits displaying signs of anxiety/fear does the use of mirrors compared to no mirrors reduce the signs of anxiety/fear?
- Answer me: In patients undergoing catheter placement does the use of chlorhexidine and alcohol have greater antimicrobial action than alcohol alone?
- Answer me: During venous catheter placement preparation, does the use of reusable devices compared to disposable devices for applying antiseptic agents reduce patient catheter site infection?
- Being answered: In post-operative patients does the use of cold laser therapy compared to not using any therapy reduce the healing time of the wound?
- Being answered: In patients undergoing surgical preparation is the friction (back and forth method) compared to using concentric circles more effective in reducing infection (reduce CFU)?
- Answered: In small animal surgery are alcoholic hand rubs superior than scrubbing brushes and antimicrobial soap at reducing bacterial counts?
- Answered: Comparison of 1mg/kg vs 0.2mg/kg of oral meloxicam for safe and effective analgesia in domestic rabbits
- Answered: Is the TTA RAPID technique associated with more tibial diaphyseal fractures compared to traditional TTA?
- Being answered: In clinical areas does the removal of jewellery below the elbow compared to leaving in situ affect either bacterial load or hand hygiene compliance?
- Being answered: How long should you keep your packaged, autoclaved instruments before the need to re-sterilise?
- Answer me: In animals undergoing abdominal surgery, does the use of pre packaged swaged on suture reduce the risk of postoperative wound complications compared to manually threaded needles utilizing suture material from a reel?
- Answered: Non-Clinical Benefits of Evidence Based Veterinary Medicine
- Answered: Does Physical Therapy after a TPLO Lead to Improvement of the 1-Year Postoperative Peak Vertical Force?
- Answered: Can I hang? Ideal time to replace IV fluids and sets to prevent fluid contamination and blood stream infection
- Answered: Choice of Suture Pattern for Linea Alba Closure
- Being answered: In veterinary patients with peripheral intravenous catheters does catheter replacement every 72 hours compared to continuous maintenance reduce the risk of catheter associated infections?
- Answer me: In reducing surgical recovery time in rabbits, is twice daily administration of meloxicam more effective than a single daily dose?
- Being answered: In companion animal patients undergoing general anaesthesia, is insulating the extremities an effective means of maintaining core body temperature?
- Answered: Does the use of disposable synthetic drapes as opposed to reusable woven drapes decrease the amount of surgical site infections in animals undergoing surgical procedures?
- Being answered: In first opinion small animal veterinary consultations, does using a consultation communication framework increase client satisfaction?
- Being answered: In rabbits undergoing general anesthesia does the use of v-gel result in superior outcomes when compared to other airway management devices?