Interested in writing a Knowledge Summary? Pick one of our clinical queries (or write your own) then contact the Managing Editor, email@example.com stating your question. You'll then be guided through the next steps.
Browse all published Knowledge Summaries here.
Do you have a query but don't have time to answer it yourself?
Submit your query here and it will be added to the below list.
- Answered: In rabbits displaying signs of anxiety/fear does the use of mirrors compared to no mirrors reduce the signs of anxiety/fear?
- Answer me: In patients undergoing catheter placement does the use of chlorhexidine and alcohol have greater antimicrobial action than alcohol alone?
- Answer me: During venous catheter placement preparation, does the use of reusable devices compared to disposable devices for applying antiseptic agents reduce patient catheter site infection?
- Being answered: In post-operative patients does the use of cold laser therapy compared to not using any therapy reduce the healing time of the wound?
- Being answered: In patients undergoing surgical preparation is the friction (back and forth method) compared to using concentric circles more effective in reducing infection (reduce CFU)?
- Answered: In small animal surgery are alcoholic hand rubs superior than scrubbing brushes and antimicrobial soap at reducing bacterial counts?
- Answered: Comparison of 1mg/kg vs 0.2mg/kg of oral meloxicam for safe and effective analgesia in domestic rabbits
- Answered: Is the TTA RAPID technique associated with more tibial diaphyseal fractures compared to traditional TTA?
- Being answered: In clinical areas does the removal of jewellery below the elbow compared to leaving in situ affect either bacterial load or hand hygiene compliance?
- Answer me: How long should you keep your packaged, autoclaved instruments before the need to re-sterilise?
- Answer me: In animals undergoing abdominal surgery, does the use of pre packaged swaged on suture reduce the risk of postoperative wound complications compared to manually threaded needles utilizing suture material from a reel?
- Answered: Non-Clinical Benefits of Evidence Based Veterinary Medicine
- Answered: Does Physical Therapy after a TPLO Lead to Improvement of the 1-Year Postoperative Peak Vertical Force?
- Answered: Can I hang? Ideal time to replace IV fluids and sets to prevent fluid contamination and blood stream infection
- Answered: Choice of Suture Pattern for Linea Alba Closure
- Being answered: In veterinary patients with peripheral intravenous catheters does catheter replacement every 72 hours compared to continuous maintenance reduce the risk of catheter associated infections?
- Answer me: In reducing surgical recovery time in rabbits, is twice daily administration of meloxicam more effective than a single daily dose?
- Being answered: In companion animal patients undergoing general anaesthesia, is insulating the extremities an effective means of maintaining core body temperature?
- Answered: Does the use of disposable synthetic drapes as opposed to reusable woven drapes decrease the amount of surgical site infections in animals undergoing surgical procedures?
- Being answered:In first opinion small animal veterinary consultations, does using a consultation communication framework increase client satisfaction?