Interested in writing a Knowledge Summary? Pick one of our clinical queries (or write your own) then contact the Managing Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org stating your question. You'll then be guided through the next steps.
Browse all published Knowledge Summaries here.
Do you have a query but don't have time to answer it yourself?
Submit your query here and it will be added to the below list.
- Answered: In dairy cow management do sand or composted bedding compared with rubber matting result in fewer disease incidence consequences?
- Answer me: In dairy herds, do live IBR vaccine protocols provide the same or greater protection than killed IBR vaccine protocols?
- Being answered: In neonatal dairy calves, does navel disinfection reduce the incidence of navel infections?
- Answer me: In neonatal lambs, does navel disinfection reduce the incidence of navel infections?
- Being answered: In cows with foul in the foot, does topical antimicrobial therapy in addition to systemic antimicrobial therapy resolve the condition faster than systemic antimicrobials a lone.
- Answer me: In the early detection of pregnancy in cows, what is the relative specificity and sensitivity of per rectal examination and the pregnancy specific protein B blood test?
- Being answered: In sheep exposed to caseous lyphadenitis what is the reduction in the risk of clinical disease in vaccinated sheep when compared to unvaccinated sheep?
- Answer me: In calves undergoing disbudding with local anesthetic, do NSAIDS administered at the time of the procedure reduce signs of post-operative pain?
- Answer me: In ruminant, are oral NSAIDS as effective as injectable NSAIDS
- Answer me: In adult dairy cows with ovarian follicular cysts, does treatment with gonadotropin releasing hormone compared to human chorionic gonadotropin result in more rapid return to normal cyclicity?
- Answer me: In cows with a left sided displaced abomasum, is there a difference in clinical outcomes when a right sided approach is compared to a left sided approach
- Answer me: In beef cattle affected with Actinobacillus lignieresii (woody tongue) does treatment with sodium iodide alone compared to sodium iodide plus oxytetracycline result in faster resolution of clinical signs?
- Answer me: In post-parturient cows, with obturator nerve paralysis, does treatment with dexamethasone and flunixin meglumine result in faster return to function (weight bearing and ambulatory) than treatment with dexamethasone alone?
- Answer me: In adult cattle with osteoarthritis, does treatment with an NSAID more effectively reduce lameness as measured by a clinical score of 1-5 better than glycosaminoglycan?
- Being answered: In newborn piglets does drying versus no intervention reduce the risk of mortality pre-weaning?
- Being answered: What is the evidence for intra-peritoneal fluid therapy of dehydration in neonatal calves?
- Answered: What are the performance and behavioural effects of separating dairy cows and their calves at birth?
- Being answered: Is scrotal circumference in cattle of benefit in selecting fertile/more fertile heifer offspring?
- Answered: Does heat stress affect immune function in dairy cows?
- Answered: In dairy cows with clinical mastitis do parenteral antibiotics in addition to intramammary antibiotics improve clinical cure rates compared to intramammary antibiotics only?
- Being answered: What are the production effects of varying Age at First Calving in dairy cows?